Friday, September 12, 2014

About enthusiasm

I want to tell you about enthusiasm.

I want to tell you about a girl that, actually, I hardly know at all. But she's already made such an impression. She's one of those types who waves to everyone wherever she goes, and greets the world with a huge, sunny smile. She radiates love for others, and it's really impressive.

A few days ago, she said to me: "I'm sorry, this might sound stupid, but..."

 In a later conversation she admitted that people sometimes perceive her as stupid.

This made my heart sink, and it touched me very deeply. So I want to tell you, whoever you are, what I told her:

Don't ever make apologies for your charisma, your happiness, your joy, your enthusiasm. 

Other people may mistake your energy for naïveté or a lack of sophistication, but that's their problem. End soapbox moment... just something we could all do to remember from time to time. Much love to you!


(This is a photo from the first time I visited the Colosseum, back in 2011. I didn't expect it to be awesome, but it was, and this face was the result of total awe and excitement. Photo cred to my lovely friend Kat, who dragged me there! :))

1 comment:

  1. Okay, I'll work on being more enthusiastic. Thanks for the encouragement Gabrielle! ;)

    Also, I love you. Seriously, good words.

    ReplyDelete